For Monet

Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Today's post is a dedication to my friend Monet.

One of the privileges of blogging for the past eleven months is the community of bloggers I've met.  I've made some wonderful friends, all of whom I've got to know through their posts.  Monet is one of those people who has a kind word for everyone.  She's a wonderful writer and baker, and I've truly enjoyed getting to know her through her posts.

However, it's been a difficult year for Monet.  A number of family tragedies have overwhelmed her and her loved ones.  So when two fellow bloggers, Lizzy and Kate, contacted a few of us and asked us each to dedicate a recipe to her, it was my honour to say yes.

I decided to dedicate my Brown Butter Toffee Blondies.  I've just discovered the recipe this year, but now it's one of my favourites.

Monet, I hope you know how much you are loved in the blogging world.  We are all rooting for you.

20 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, yummy! Thanks so much, Beth, for your fabulous contribution~

Joanne said...

What a thoughtful and fun tribute ... Sending good wishes Monet's way ...

Valerie Gamine said...

Food is a great way to show someone how much we care, and the warmth of brown butter and toffee is always comforting. I wish Monet happiness and peace of mind.

Carol said...

What a lovely tribute. Sending good thoughts your friends way!

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you :)

Jeanne said...

I know that Monet will love these blondies. What a perfect tribute to raise her spirits!

Victoria said...

Thanks for sharing this. It really is a tremendous tribute to your fellow blogger!

Needful Things said...

You're such a thoughtful & sweet person. I'm sure this tribute is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing for y'all to do for Monet. Such a simple gesture, but I'm sure it means a lot to her.

Emily Malloy said...

Incredibly touching. Monet is such a wonderful spirit. This is incredibly thoughtful of you to do!

Sweet And Crumby said...

Such nice blondies and such a sweet thing to do.

Joanne said...

Delicious. Certainly a recipe to to cheer a weary mind.

Anonymous said...

Baking is so comforting, even if it's long-distance comfort.

Unknown said...

This is such an incredible gesture of kindness. I don't know Monet but I certainly admire the bloggers who care so much for her.

Amy said...

Brown butter toffee blondies sound delicious! They must have an amazing caramel flavor!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful dedication Beth! Your blondies looks superb and delicious!

xx,
Tammy

Sue said...

What a sweet dedication~in word and deed.

Monet said...

Hello my sweet friend. I wish I could come over and give you a big hug. You have been one of my biggest supports over these past few months, and words alone cannot express how much you mean to me. These blondies are beautiful, and everytime I make them, I will think of you. Much love!

Beth said...

Love to you too, Monet. It's all worthwhile if I've been able to lighten your load just a little. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet idea.

Post a Comment