Blog Award

Monday, October 25, 2010


I was thrilled to hear that I received the "One Lovely Blog Award" from Chaya at Sweet and Savory. Chaya is truly a prolific blogger  every time I check her site, she has a new recipe (or three) posted.  Whether she's participating in Meatless Mondays, Tuesdays with Dorie or Gluten-Free Wednesdays (to name only three of the groups to which she belongs) she always has a range of delicious sweets and savories to choose from.  Thank you Chaya!

Having received this award,  I now have the honour of awarding it to some of my favourite bloggers.  It was tough choosing only a few, but here are some blogs that I never miss reading:

Pixie Baker – Valerie's wonderful blog inspired me to start my own.  She consistently produces the most amazing recipes, and her creations are always beautifully photographed.   Oh, and if you happen to have a connection to the F/V Northwestern, it's worth your time to let her know!

Cake Wrecks – I read this site almost every day, because you can never laugh too much.  Cake Wrecks documents an incredible array of cakes that were poorly-decorated and offered for sale.  The incompetence is breathtaking.  To balance this, occasionally they showcase cakes that are unbelievably gorgeous.  Take a look at these peacock cakes and sigh.

Amie Kaufman  Amie is even newer at blogging than me, but she has jumped into it wholeheartedly.  She has a weekly feature called BTW (Beyond the Blog; Things I Like; What I’m reading) that is always worth checking out.  And anyone who enjoys traveling and writing as much as she does is okay by me!  

books I done read  My favorite book review site.  I don't always agree with the reviews, but I am always entertained by them.  It's worth reading the posts on any of the books in the Twilight series, especially if you didn't care for them.

Cake or Death  Liz has a great sense of humour.  She's a pastry chef, so her desserts always have that extra-professional look.  Whether she's adding brown sugar frosting to her double apple bundt cake, or impressing her husband with the world's largest tootsie roll, she always grabs my attention!

Carlavista – Carla is one of my dearest friends, and she writes a general interest blog on all kinds of topics.  Recently she’s written about everything from road rage to a movie that her cousins acted in, directed and produced.  Check out her blog – she always has something interesting to say.

Eats Well With Others – Joanne is a medical student, a marathon runner and consistently posts the most interesting, healthy collection of recipes I've seen.  Also, she is so nice even her ex-boyfriend's mother reads her blog.

Edible Mosaic – Faith has an incredible array of recipes, both savory and sweet.  She recently posted the best guide to making caramel that I've ever read.  Caramel has always intimidated me, but after I saw that post I thought, maybe this time I'll give it a shot!

Journey of an Italian Cook  Claudia is both writer and baker.  In fact, I had no idea what an accomplished playwright she was until I checked her bio for this award.  She has received twelve national playwriting awards and her plays have been produced around the world.  No wonder her posts are always interesting and entertaining.

Mission: Food Victoria has just moved to New York, and I love seeing the city through her eyes.  I'm already dying to go back, just so I can try out some of her recommended restaurants.  And she has even met Daniel Boulud!

Simple Math Bakery – I think Jeanne is brilliant.  I don't know anyone else who could work the Fibonacci sequence into a baking blog, but she managed to do it.

Bakingdon – If only to see this fabulous cake.

Official rules of the award:

1.  Accept the award.  Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2.  Pay it forward to 12 other bloggers.
3.  Contact those blog owners and let them know they've been chosen.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

Thank you so much, Beth! I will definitely pay it forward :)

Valerie Gamine said...

Congratulations, Beth!

Thank you so much for passing this on, I'm truly flattered. :-)

Jeanne said...

Thanks Beth! I am honored, and I will definitely pass this along. And I've discovered some lovely new blogs through this post!

Claudia said...

Thank you so much Beth. I can never choose - think it's my 20 plus years of auditioning ide-eyed kids for roles in plays - so if it is all right, I usually offer it to my followers...I am getting weird in middle age.

Beth said...

It was so hard to choose! Claudia, that sounds like a democratic idea.

Liz said...

Thank you Beth! I so appreciate the kind words. I'm also excited to check out some of these other blogs you recommended--I'm always on the lookout for great new sites to read, and these sound amazing. Thank you!

Faith said...

Congratulations on your award. Thank you very much for passsing it. I am honored.

Amie Kaufman said...

Gosh, thank you, I'm blushing! Will think hard about who to pass it along to.

Trish Feehan said...

What a great idea. Way to go, Beth, and congrats to the bloggers you nominated as well.

Post a Comment