My New Book

Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Just a short post today to let you know my newest book is out!  My copies came in the mail a week ago and are making their way into stores.  I don’t want to sound neurotic, but I’m terrified to read my books once they’re published, in case I find a typo.  So I assign my husband and daughters the task of proofreading.  To date I’ve received one “all’s clear” with two reviews pending.

My book is called The Witch of Bloor Street and here’s what it’s about:

Sixth-grader Maggie Ito believes she has been cursed by “The Witch of Bloor Street”. While her friends all seem to be best at something, Maggie believes the curse is keeping her from being best at anything. Her attempts to break it become increasingly far-fetched, but her luck is still bad. With the help of her friends and a supportive teacher, Maggie finds confidence in her own abilities and the strength to confront her “witch.”

If you know any 6- to 10- year olds who might enjoy this book, you can buy online through Chapters or Amazon.  Some local bookstores, including The Book Mark and Book City (Bloor West) have also ordered them in to sell.  And for my friends in the Toronto area, I’ll post the dates for my signings as soon as I know.

Thanks to James Lorimer & Company, who have published all three of my books.  And thanks to my wonderful writing friends -- Trish, Carla, Nancy, Rob, Louise and Paula. Without your support and advice, none of this would be possible!

My three books


25 comments:

shaz said...

Well done Beth. You're so talented! Will check the book out :)

Casey McCormick said...

Congrats, Beth. It sounds like a terrific story. How exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Beth, what an accomplishment- 3 books. Can't wait to read the new one.

Susanne K. Fletcher said...

Three Cheers for your Third Book. I'm so imnpressed Beth!

Sue said...

WOW! What exciting news! Much success with the new book! It sounds like a great story:)

Anonymous said...

That is SO exciting Beth!! And so impressive. I laughed when you said you're afraid you'll find a typo, lol. Way to go!

Katerina said...

I am sure my son would love this book, unfortunately his english is in a pre-pre-pre junior level. We are still struggling to learn the alphabet. Congrats on the release of your book, you must be very proud!

Unknown said...

Oh how cool, congrats!

Shandy said...

Congratulations! I love the personable photos of children on the front covers! What a proud moment and exciting; I can only imagine opening the box and holding the project in your hands, fully published!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Beth, I read your intro so was aware that you wrote but I think, I never really assimilated it. This is so exciting. I have granddaughters reaching the age that you mention. I must write these down for future reading material, for them. I can say, I know you.

Congratulations on all three books. May there be many more successes.

Hanaâ said...

Congratulations, Beth. That's wonderful news!!! I wish you all the success in the world. I hope it's a big hit with the kids. Heck, I even want to read it :o)

Trish Feehan said...

I love the cover, Beth! Thanks for the acknowledgement, but you deserve all the credit for yet another wonderful story. Looking forward to your signing.

Joanne said...

Aww how very cute! I love storyline. I'm going to bookmark this in case I encounter any children in the near future!

Beth said...

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. Without my wonderful friends and supporters, I could never have achieved this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Emily Babiak said...

Hi Beth
What great news!
I love the title, cover and story line.
Look forward to reading it!

Carla Sandrin said...

Congratulations, Beth! Your latest book is as precious as the other two and I will be sure to send out the word to anyone I know who may be interested. I'll suggest buying all three and tying a ribbon around them; the perfect gift for any young girl!

Jaime said...

that is so neat that you write children's books :) congrats on your latest release!

Sweet And Crumby said...

Congratulations! The cover is adorable!

Needful Things said...

Congrats! The story sounds like so much fun - I wish I could find your books here!

Valerie Gamine said...

How did I miss this post?! Congratulations, Beth!! I love the way you write with such a vivid and lively imagination. Well done, that's quite the acomplishment. :D

Reeni said...

Congratulations on your book! I'm thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, and what a fantastic cover! Congratulations!

Mimi said...

Congratulations on your new book. It sound like a great read.
Mimi

Liz said...

Congratulations! Getting a book published is a huge accomplishment--and to have 3! I laughed when I read that you're scared to read the published copies, because I'm sure I'd be the same way. :)

Jencrafted said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment! This is so exciting!!

Post a Comment